Purpose: Youth Programs offers a wide range of organized sports activities to help youth develop desirable physical skills and to mature emotionally and socially. The sports program provides opportunities for children to have contact with other youth, volunteer leaders and Youth Program staff.
It also provides opportunities for parents to socialize with other parents, and for adults to contribute to the Air Force community by serving as volunteers in youth programs.
Youth eligible for youth programs as authorized in AFI 34-801 are the children of active-duty or retired military members and Department of Defense or non-appropriated fund civilian employees.
The Air Force requires that all persons involved in youth sports adhere to the Bill of Rights for Youth Athletes:
- Right to participate in sports
- Right to participate at any level commensurate with each child’s maturity and ability
- Right to have qualified adult leadership
- Right to play as a child and not as an adult
- Right to share in the leadership and decision-making of the sport
- Right to participate in healthy and safe environments
- Right for equal opportunity to strive for success
- Right to be treated with dignity
- Right to have FUN
Ramstein Bldg 428 Vogelweh Bldg 1057
Ramstein Bldg 428 - DSN - 480-5660 - CIV 06371-47-5660
Vogelweh Bldg 1057 - DSN - 489-7806 - CIV 0631-536-7806
Hours of Operation
Mon - Fri 11:00 - 17:00 Sat, Sun & Holidays Closed